Corporate Law Solicitor 0-4 PQE
Salary: Competitive and based on experience
Location: SE1 - London Bridge
Start Date: Start date negotiable
Waterfront was one of the first specialist technology law firms to be set up in the UK. During the last 16 years we have established ourselves as a highly successful niche law firm, with expertise in corporate law, intellectual property, commercial contracts & employment law and counting several hundred technology companies and household names amongst our client base. We act for clients of all sizes including SMEs, multinational corporations and individual entrepreneurs across a number of industry sectors. We are well respected in the industry and have been listed in the leading legal directories since 2010.
Our corporate team advises on a wide range matters, including setting up businesses, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions, but has particular expertise in relation to venture capital investments. Head of Corporate, Matt Cunningham, has been ranked in Chambers and Partners as a leading individual for venture capital since 2016, and the firm is ranked in the Legal 500 for venture capital, where we are described as benefiting from an excellent perspective of the market. The last financial year saw the team advise on venture capital investments worth in excess of £100m. For further details, our most recent year round up can be viewed here, and our notable deals are displayed in further detail on our website here.
We are currently looking to recruit a new associate to join the corporate team. We are looking for candidates who are newly qualified or with up to 4 years PQE. The number of years PQE you have is less important to us than your attitude and the amount of hands-on experience you have advising clients in relation to corporate transactions (in particular venture capital investments).
We’re looking for someone who is keen to learn, confident advising clients and enthusiastic about business development and growing the corporate practice. We’re looking for someone who we think is going to be part of the long term future of our firm.
Characteristics, Skills & Experience Required
- experience of advising on corporate transactions, including in particular venture capital investments and private company M&A transactions
- experience of working with, and an interest in, companies that have technology and intellectual property at the heart of their businesses;
- enthusiastic, enjoy working in a team and give the very best to, and get the very best from, your colleagues;
- experience of delegating work to trainees and junior lawyers and giving them the necessary support to help them grow as lawyers;
- diligent, with good attention to detail;
- good communication (both written and oral), negotiation and drafting skills;
- confidence and ability to provide advice directly to clients;
- good organisational skills in order to project manage corporate transactions; and
- be willing to help grow the corporate practice through business development.
Waterfront is a young, dynamic and exciting place to work where each individual can really make an impact. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a good work-life balance and we believe in providing a supportive and nurturing environment. You will be treated as part of the team from day one and will work alongside partners in an open plan office, which promotes an exceptionally collaborative and friendly environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including pension scheme, private medical insurance and season ticket loan.