Advertising and Marketing
Waterfront has specific expertise acting for clients in the area of advertising and marketing. Increasingly, this intersects with our technology capabilities with the rise of advertising and marketing technology solutions (or AdTech). We work for advertising and marketing agencies, including those focused on digital and mobile platforms.
Specifically, we routinely act for clients in the following areas:
- Regulatory issues, often involving the Advertising Standards Authority’s Codes of Advertising Practice, both broadcast and non-broadcast.
- Drafting commercial agreements relating to marketing and advertising, including sponsorship agreements, competition terms and conditions, and content licensing agreements.
- Advertising and marketing disputes.
- Advising on legal compliance concerning marketing and advertising communications, including advice on how to comply with data protection legislation.
- Trade mark protection, disputes and clearance.
- As an IP law firm, we advise on the use of third-party intellectual property rights in advertising and marketing communications. See our specialist IP lawyers page for more details.
Our approach is to help our clients efficiently navigate the legal and regulatory landscape, to ensure that clients can concentrate on their advertising and marketing campaigns and not become involved in costly and protracted legal disputes. However, if a dispute does arise, you can rely on us to take a “pragmatic approach and provide valuable advice succinctly and efficiently” (Legal 500).