Media, Entertainment and Publishing
Waterfront acts for many clients operating in the media, entertainment and publishing sectors.
We are routinely instructed to assist media, entertainment and publishing clients, large and small, on a wide variety of commercial agreements and disputes of all shapes and sizes.
Examples of recent work include:
- Our copyright solicitors acting for several film directors and producers in respect of infringement of copyright subsisting in motion picture films.
- Acting for a charity in a dispute with a national newspaper in relation to the unauthorised use of the charities’ material both on-line and in print. This case was settled with both compensatory and additional damages being paid to our client.
- Negotiating royalty agreements between authors and major publishing houses.
- Drafting so-called “360°” agreements for a newly established record company/music publisher.
- Acting for the founders on the sale of a magazine business.
- Acting for the directors of a media publishing company on a private equity transaction.
- Advising a group of artist management and events companies on corporate structure, an LLP agreement and related shareholder and employee matters.
Please contact our media, entertainment and publishing solicitors on 020 7234 0200 for your free initial chat.