In need of commercial contract advice? We draft and advise on all manner of commercial contracts, frequently assisting with negotiations from initial offer to acceptance, as well as with commercial disputes and termination. While we have very extensive and specific expertise in certain industry sectors (and especially in technology and IT), many of the contracts that we draft on a daily basis can be applicable to all industries.
A few examples of the types of agreements that we frequently deal with are:
Contracts for services, including:
- Consultancy Agreements (fixed price and/or time & materials), also referred to as Services Agreements, Sub-contractor Agreements and Supplier Agreements.
- Master Services Agreements, also referred to as Framework Agreements, or Call-off Agreements.
- Subscription Service Agreements, which can also include a SoftwarePlatform as a Service or Application Service Provider Agreements.
Contracts for the resale and distribution of products and services, including:
- Reseller Agreements
- Distribution Agreements
- Lead-referral Agreements
- Licencing agreements, including data aggregation
- Partnering agreements
- White-label Agreements
- Joint Marketing Agreements
- Agency Agreements
- Value Added Reseller Agreements (“VAR”)
- OEM Agreements (these last two almost always relate to the distribution of technology products).
Pre-contractual documents and other agreements, such as:
- Non-disclosure agreements (also known as “NDA”s and “confidentiality agreements”)
- Memoranda of Understanding
- Letters of intent
- Franchise agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Marketing and sponsorship agreements.
There is some crossover between commercial contracts and much of the other work that we do at Waterfront. For example, Shareholders Agreements, Partnership and LLP Agreements and Business Sale and Acquisition Agreements are all commercial contracts, but these are usually considered to fall under the heading of corporate work (see our corporate lawyers London page for more). Likewise, a Contract of Employment or a contract that specifically relates to employment law.
We also provide dispute resolution services in relation to alleged breaches of commercial contracts, including assistance with settlement as well as small claims and High Court litigation.
If you would like to find out more about what our commercial team can do for you, please contact our commercial law solicitors on 020 7234 0200.