Outsourcing and Procurement
Are you looking for outsourcing advice? Since we were established in 2002, we have focused on providing pragmatic, commercially focused legal advice to the Outsourcing industry. IT and Outsourcing often go hand in hand, and with our unrivalled experience working for the IT industry we have been responsible for advising outsourced and managed services providers to some of the world’s largest businesses. We have a particular expertise in advising companies to whom the financial services sector are outsourcing specific business functions and companies who are seeking to navigate the hurdles of the public sector procurement regulations.
We generally work for the supplier, with a keen eye on ensuring that contractual commitments can be delivered with the lowest possible financial risk to our clients. Often our clients are in an unequal bargaining situation; and we can help level the playing field, bringing experience and confidence to negotiations which might otherwise be dominated by the larger companies and their teams of in-house lawyers. This is where we excel, bringing unrivalled experience to enable our clients to manage their legal risks and maximise their revenues.
We do also have customer-side clients who are procuring services rather than providing them; and our knowledge of the risks of dealing with suppliers makes us an invaluable addition to any procurement team.
Recent examples of Waterfront’s experience in Outsourcing/Procurement related work include:
- Advising a government body on the procurement of cloud services for a high-profile public data project and drafting and negotiating the resulting contracts with the world’s largest provider of cloud services.
- Assisting one of the UK’s leading employment-focused training and enterprise companies procure an end-to-end outsourced IT services solution to support 50+ offices.
- Advising outsourced and managed services providers with contract negotiations. In particular, a number of our clients provide services to the financial services sector and we are able to leverage our previous experience of dealing with these organisations to more effectively assist our clients.
- Assisting a niche software and services provider to bid for (and win) a project governed by the public procurement Competitive Dialogue Procedure.
- Renegotiation of a public sector Framework Agreement.
Whether you are providing an outsourced service or are procuring a managed service, using Waterfront will ensure that you get the best possible advice to support your business activities.
For more information contact one of our team today.