Privacy and Data Protection
Waterfront’s data protection experts have extensive experience of helping clients to comply with the myriad of legislation in this complex area. We have advised a very broad range of businesses on an even broader range of data protection and privacy issues. These include:
- drafting all manner of privacy policies;
- advising numerous companies of their data processor and data controller obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- assisting various companies with regulations over the data processor obligations/clauses in contracts with its customers and suppliers.
- advising clients on their current processors to ensure they are GDPR compliant.
- advising a company that provides ‘know your customer’ services on how to comply with the legislation;
- providing advice to a mobile virtual network operator regarding the legality of location based services (prior to these becoming widely available);
- assisting numerous providers of e-commerce websites and SaaS comply with their obligations under data protection and privacy law;
- advising on cookies, behavioural advertising and other marketing activities; and
- advising multi-national corporations regarding their obligations in the EU.
We have the detailed knowledge to help our clients through the data protection minefield. We use this knowledge to make practical suggestions, helping our clients to manage their risks and ensuring that the requirements of the legislation don’t stymie their businesses.
Businesses have a legal obligation to ensure that staff understand their obligations when handling personal information. Waterfront conducts staff data protection training, usually in the form of short workshops using real life examples taken from the relevant client’s business. The workshops can be tailored so that they are suitable for anyone from a junior member of the sales team to in-house counsel.
More recently, Waterfront has been running GDPR seminars and workshops – please get in contact to enquire about availability.
If you would like to have a chat with our data protection specialists, please contact us on 020 7234 0200.