Piers StricklandJoint Head of Intellectual Property and Dispute Resolution
Piers has 20 years of experience in advising clients on all forms of intellectual property law including trade marks, copyright, patents, passing off and designs. Piers also has extensive experience in the areas of confidential information and data protection. In addition, he regularly advises clients on more general IT disputes, often relating to computer software.
Piers also has experience in competition law cases, particularly those that interface with intellectual property law.
Piers services both international and UK-based clients with a broad ranging industry focus.
He has substantial experience of litigating in the High Court, including the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
He is routinely recommended by the leading global directories, Legal 500, Chambers, IP Stars, World Trade Mark Review, as follows:
- “an excellent IP solicitor with the ability to undertake demanding pieces of litigation” (World Trade Mark Review 2020)
- “He is very responsive, always accessible, very focused on clients’ commercial imperatives and very tactically aware. He is simply a pleasure to work with, as are his colleagues” (World Trade Mark Review 2020).
- 'strong across all areas including negotiation, strategic thinking and commercial awareness' (Chambers 2019).
- 'very responsive' (Legal 500 2019).
- ‘first-rate litigator’ who is ‘robust and tough when necessary’ (Legal 500 2018).