Copyright and Database Solicitors
Waterfront Solicitors are copyright lawyers in London offering expert copyright law advice for businesses of all sizes.
What are Copyright and Database Rights?
Copyright rights and database rights underpin many of our client’s business concerns. Copyright law is often the primary intellectual property right used to protect digital content in industries as diverse with the help of our technology lawyers as computer software, gaming apps, advertising and marketing, media, entertainment and publishing - to name only a few.
Waterfront copyright solicitors and database solicitors understand the importance of copyright law and database rights and to leverage the protection, exploitation and enforcement of such rights. We are experts in these fields and utilise our significant expertise in these areas to our client’s advantage.
Get in contact with our copyright lawyers today on 020 7234 0200 or fill out a quick contact form online.
Copyright law and database rights are often wrongly considered to be simple and straightforward of the IP rights. In fact, copyright and database rights can contain some of the most complex intellectual property rights. Given the importance of copyright to fast developing industries such as technology, the internet, digital media and advertising, it is not surprising that copyright law is one of the fastest moving areas of intellectual property law – this topic often features on our blog.
What areas of Copyright Law and Database Rights can our Copyright lawyers help you with?
Our specialist copyright solicitors are experts in copyright and database rights; they provide a depth of expert advice relating to disputes and litigations, commercial transactions, general clearance and advisory work, intellectual property rights audits and chain of the title research.
Examples of our recent work include:
- Acting for the world's largest independent content creation Group for television and multimedia platforms in a copyright claim concerning a rival television format for game show in a claim brought before the Chancery Division of the High Court of England and Wales.
- Acting for ICTS, the leading provider of innovative security solutions, in a copyright and database right infringement claim brought before the Chancery Division of the High Court of England and Wales by The International Air Transport Association (IATA). This case was settled in December 2016 on confidential terms.
- Acting for a leading music publishing company, Kobalt Music, in relation to a copyright infringement claim brought against a Lily Allen song, “Air Balloon”. Waterfront successfully obtained summary judgment and thus had the copyright infringement claim struck out at the earliest opportunity.
- Acting for a film producer in respect of infringement of their copyright subsisting in a motion picture film.
- Acting for a plant product database creator in proceedings brought in the English courts concerning use of our client’s database rights outside the scope of licence agreement.
- Advising a marketing agency on use of third party copyright in advertising content.
- Advising app developers on copyright infringement claims including compatibility with existing copyright protected software and games.
- Acting for software developers in relation to various disputes including use of their software to create competing works. Our technology solicitors are at the forefront of their field.
- Acting for an animation studio to protect and license its rights in television advertisements.
Our intellectual property solicitors, based in London, are committed to providing an exceptional legal advisory service and representation for companies based in both London and all over the UK. As we have grown over the years, so has our client base; and we now serve to a wide range of London businesses, ranging from start-ups, to SMEs, to individual creators, to large multinational companies.
Contact Our Copyright Solicitors Today
Our intellectual property lawyers, who operate across London, are experts in copyright and database rights, together with other intellectual property rights including together with other intellectual property rights including patent litigation and protection with our trademark solicitors. To find out more about the support we can offer you and your business, call 020 7234 0200 or contact us online to arrange a free initial chat.